Friday, March 03, 2006

My cheese has moved!

Hiiiiii !!!!

Filling in my blog after a REALLY long pause! It feels good :-)

Life is such a complex maze of events that nobody can ever fathom.

I have faced certain situations during the last six months that have forced me to start thinking about what life is and why it is like an amalgamation of smiles and frowns.

Definitely “Life is not a bed of roses” but it is also not a “Bed of thorns”.

Around six months back, I took a decision and it turned out like somebody threw a stone in the placid waters of a pond. Everything is in a state of frenzy since then!

I am now leaving the actual incident for my rumination and I will continue to the vital parts and the larning. I hope my observations will be of help to many passing by my blog!

I guess I am pretty late at realizing the “Truths” of practical life but better late than never.
Some learn it the hard way that’s what I can say of me.

Is it bad to be good?
The usual argument holds good, nobody is good/ bad. It’s the situation that makes a person good or bad relative to you. However good you might be or do you just cannot keep “Everyone Happy”.

So the larning: Continue to be good and always do good things BUT never compromise on things that have a direct affect on you professionally and/ or personally.

Stand out large and shout if someone is trying to move your cheese. Even so, if the cheese is moved unwillingly, start finding a new and a better one. Even a mother would not suckle her baby unless the baby cries. [Good Reading: Who moved my cheese? Spencer Johnson].

Watch your interests!
I did *fail* in watching my interests :-( but I am now all set to relish on a new and of-course a better cheese :-).

A very important and vital element for a smooth and successful life – “Watch your interests and in the process try and fulfill interests of others you are interacting with”.

An all time favorite belief that I hold strongly: “In this world nothing happens without self interest”. So, always think what your benefit is before doing any thing!

Control your personal emotions/ worries!
Emotion, a very sensitive subject and it is an all time cause of some or the other kind of discomfort :-).

Never let your emotions and personal goals drive your actions at work! It has the potential to mar your judgment and has all the ingredients to force you to start finding a new cheese even if what you have is a good one, but just been eaten up at many places by your rivals!

Have a great day! [And wish me luck :-)]

No comments: